Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung LED Picture Problems

Options
  • 25-01-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I bought a 32-inch Samsung LED 8 Series a few weeks ago and I'm having issues with the picture quality. Generally the picture is crips/ sharp and looks great when there is not a lot of movement on screen. Bu it seems that if any object (or backround) moves at a medium to fast pace, the picture totally breaks up around it. I don't think calling it motion blur is accurate, it kind of jumps and goes somewhat pixelated. This is the case regardless of what av source I use (STB, bluray player, PS3). I have searched the internet for the 'optimum' picture setting but this makes little difference and besides, this should not work like this out of the box.

Is anyone having similar issues to this? Is this just the TV works and my eyesight is too sensitive?

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Motion blur really shouldnt be that bad but it could be it i guess

Is it a 32c4000 or 32c5100?

If you are that succeptible to motion blur you should be getting a plasma

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

I thought plasma was only better above 47inch, or something like that? #

It's an 8 series

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/6624

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Very odd then, that tv already has 100Hz so you would imagine its not too bad with motion at all.

Surely a faulty unit in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

Yeah, that's why I went for that TV, it was the highest spec (in 32 inch) that I could find.

I contacted samsung and got stock answers.
    1. Turn off the 'motion plus' feature (one of the main selling points of the TV!)
    2. Reset to factory settings (done F all)
    3. Update firmware (web site page for fireware says "page cannot be found")

I have contacted them since saying that none of the above have worked and haven't heard back.

Do I just go back to the shop? How do I get an enginner out?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Nononolan

The tv is creating frames artificially and if it cant keep up with fast moving objects then it skips a few frames hence the occassional distortion. I ve never come across a set that doesnt have the occassional skip here and there but nothing like what you have described. I would have said switch off the motion flow myself, just to see if it was still happening....it shouldnt at 50hz. As for plasma, you ll find it hard getting one at 32", think lg are the only company producing at that size. But I would still go for lcd or led 100hz sets over 600hz plasmas if you were going to change. The way they calculate the figures are a little misleading with plasmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement