Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox game deals in Currys

Options
  • 25-01-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Just picked up

Band hero Solus €2.97
    Guitar Hero 5 €4.97
    Beatles Rockband €4.97

All New in Currys Galway.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I picked Guitar Hero 5 a week or two back for that in PC World Sligo alright.

Got Blur on the PS£ for 9.97 and Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox for thte same price but had to return Final Fantasy. The discs were in shocking condition, they looked unplayable as if someone had deliberately dragged them across gravel.

Got Blur on the PS£ for 9.97 and Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox for thte same price but had to return Final Fantasy. The discs were in shocking condition, they looked unplayable as if someone had deliberately dragged them across gravel.
    Yikes!

Were they not shrink-wrapped? My copy of GH5 certainly was.

basquille wrote: »
    Yikes!

Were they not shrink-wrapped? My copy of GH5 certainly was.

Nope, the cashier went off and got them and I just happened to look at tthe discs as I was leaving. All 3 were scratched beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Wow have to say those are deals! Might have to drop down to Currys later :) Are they just the ones you bought or were there other good deals?

• Advertisement

brk3 wrote: »
    Wow have to say those are deals! Might have to drop down to Currys later :) Are they just the ones you bought or were there other good deals?

Most of the titles were very poor, only Blur an d Final Fantasty were wortht he price thoug I know that only 3 stores in Ireland have a copy of Final Fantasy left.

I picked up 'Uncharted 2: Among Thieves' on PS3 for €9.97 from PC World in Sligo a while back.

Bought it from AlmightyCushion but he couldn't open the security case so they'd to break / pry it apart with a screwdriver.

Morale of the story... when technology lets you down, take a f*cking screwdriver to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

That's a great price for Uncharted 2.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    I picked up 'Uncharted 2: Among Thieves' on PS3 for €9.97 from PC World in Sligo a while back.

Bought it from AlmightyCushion but he couldn't open the security case so they'd to break / pry it apart with a screwdriver.

Morale of the story... when technology lets you down, take a f*cking screwdriver to it!

Nothing beats a bit of brute force and ignorance. :)

Advertisement