Advertisement
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Anyone from Waterford heading to NYC for the parade?

• 25-01-2011 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ✭✭✭ apper76

Hi there,

I'm making a documentary for WLR FM on the 250th anniversary of the Saint Patrick's Day parade in New York. We are looking at how the Deise spirit is being kept alive in New York and during the parade.

If you are traveling to New York for the parade as part of a group or alone I'd love to talk to you. You can PM me here or email [email protected]

I have talked to the mods about putting this thread up and they have given me the go ahead.

Many thanks.

Comments

• I know the Barracks Street Band have gone many times before,I dont Know about this year,but would do no harm to contact them http://www.barrackstreetband.com

• Thanks for that, I'll get onto them now.

• Paddy O'Callaghan (Mayor of County Waterford is attending this year)

I know a few of the people involved in the Waterford Association in New York, if you wish to contact them.

p.s. The Waterford Association has one of the oldest and best banners in the parade, which depicts Thomas Francis Meagher.

TRIVIA--(The association President is also associated, in an indirect manner, with one of the greatest scandals to break in Ireland in the latter half of the 20th century!!)

• I'll give Paddy a call, thanks for that.

I'm in close contact with the Waterford Association in NYC and that side is all set up, it's the Waterford involvement on this side that I need most now. The Waterford Association have been brilliant, I have to say, they are very organised and eager to help.

Quite intrigued about the scandal...

Advertisement