Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recaros

Options
  • 25-01-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

So,how do you clean yours?

Online suggests diluted woolite.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Interested in this too actually, some stains in the passenger seat that I dont know where they came from looks like split drink :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Here you are, works best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Here you are, works best :D

I found that thread,so definitely the woolite?

I found that thread,so definitely the woolite?

Worked for myself on my red Recaros, and on my black back Recaros in the EG.

Ain't tried it on the black Recaros in the EK because I got them brand new...so should work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Woolite is on special in tesco at the moment and all (half price) :D Should be alrite for the rear seat aswell?

• Advertisement

Woolite is on special in tesco at the moment and all (half price) :D Should be alrite for the rear seat aswell?

Worked on my own, so why not yours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

AG interior shampoo or something like cleancar's interior cleaner, whichever one agitated with a brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Nothing better that a decent carpet machine (not a wet vac!) used with the right shampoo and deodorizer, and left to dry using a fan. thats how i do mine, ill tell you the chemicals i use but no point in buying unless your doing a fair bit of it as they come in trade sizes only afaik.

Heres a set of seats ive done for a friend, a few years of baby mess and milk :D

This is with most of the heavy caked on stuff removed
    DSC00375.jpg

Finished
    DSC00376.jpg

The thing with seats is you want as much of the chemical/water out of the seat as possible and dry them using air flow not heat ;)

Il; be doing my recaro next week if i get time ill take some shots, i tend to do mine once or twice a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've used this stuff on my Recaro's and my mats and both have come up a treat!

Interior_Shampoo_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mine have just stains on them , no caked in dirt or anything like a dirt build up over time, should all of the above be ok simply to get the stains out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

draffodx wrote: »
    Mine have just stains on them , no caked in dirt or anything like a dirt build up over time, should all of the above be ok simply to get the stains out?

I had a stain on my passenger Recaro and the Autoglym stuff got it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

draffodx wrote: »
    once it only a surface stain you will be fine using them, just let the seat dry as much as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Jaysis lads where are ye getting all of the stains from?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I find Autoglym works a treat too,more so on the smaller/fresh stains.

Thankfully no big jobs have needed addressing to date :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Onkle wrote: »
    Jaysis lads where are ye getting all of the stains from?

From when vtec kicks in... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭hellyeah

woolite for me. done the trick last summer on my red recaros.
    amazing how well they came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Any tips on the Woolite,just use it straight up?
    Let dry then a hoover?
    Got a bottle to try out,"Triple protection",yeah baby :D

Advertisement