Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on best Crbon Bike for 2200 budget

Options
  • 25-01-2011 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi guys, Im upgrading from an aluminium 9.8kg bike to a carbon bike, finding it difficult to decide what to go for, I have no experience with carbon bikes, any advice is appreciated, at the moment im looking at Fuji SST 3.0, Trek Madone 4.5, Giant TCR Composite 2, Stevens Vantage, I will consider any make...

thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

this combined with this perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I built up a bike from the frameset of this Canyon bike so my components are different. 'Tis very nice though. There are a fair few others on here with Canyons. Leaves you with a bit left over for gear also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

You have a healthy budget and a lot to choose from.

The only thing to do now is go to as many shops as you can and ride as many bikes as time will allow. Get an idea of what you like and don't like, then come back with some more specific questions.

Should be a list of bike shops in the Wiki, I think. If not, yellow pages!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There are probably hundreds of bikes you could choose for that money.

Find some way of narrowing it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭lalorm

Cube Agree GTC Race ? Carbon and full Ultegra components.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 MrDelling

Cheers guys, the chris boardman carbon pro looks good, anyone have experience with one of these, I will be using whatever bike I buy for racing and training, cheers

Advertisement