Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Broadband WiMax Port Forwarding

Options
  • 25-01-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hi.

A client of mine lives out in the outback of beyond and was thrilled that he could get rid of the satellite broadband he had (1 meg / €150 a month) and replace it with the new Imagine WiMax which is now available (3 meg / €35 a month).

The problem is we need to setup port forwarding for a few things he uses but there doesn't seem to be a way on the Thompson router he has. We can access the router admin screen using the following login details:

Username: Administrator
    Password: <router serial>

There are very limited options. It appear they have gone the route of Eircom and Vodafone and have a special config menu setup so you can only access specific options (i.e. change the wireless key, change the SSID, change the login password) and you can't access anything else.

I was wondering if anyone else knew of a way to setup port forwarding for this router or get into the advanced config so we can change what is needed for this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Contact Imagine Customer Service with a list of ports and what you need it forwarded too. As far as I'm aware for their WiMax product they control the CPE and need to do the port forwarding.

Rattle

Advertisement