Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stain like mark on imac 27" i5 2.66 screen

Options
  • 25-01-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering has anybody had this happen to them or know anything about it ?

I noticed after the first month of use a mark/stain on the screen, its on the actual display underneath the glass panel, rang apple and got the screen replaced in compub. Now a month and a half later the same thing has happened

The mark is on the middle left of the screen

Advice or opinions gratefully received

5386573261_4bbf9a51dd_z.jpg[/url]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's either condensation between the glass and the lcd - a very common problem that usually goes away after a while, or you can use suction cups to take the glass off and clean it. Or it's dust on the backlight, in which case there's not much you can do but take it back to Apple.

I've a 24-inch Apple Cinema Display that has developed the latter problem. I'm going to contact Apple about it shortly. In your case, because it has developed this same problem twice, you should be prepared for them trying to blame it on environmental factors.

Apple really need to get their act together re: their displays. They look fantastic, but there's always something wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I bought a 27 in iMac in August. I had to ring them in December about screen burn and it looked a little like that stain.

Take off the panel as Sad Professor advised. If you can't get rid of the dirt, get onto them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

thanks guys, do you actually think its from the heat coming from behind the screen ?

Advertisement