Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 overcharging

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can't warn people enough about 02 and over charging at mo...Really pissed off with them over the mistakes. I tend to take it for granted that their systems apply changes as the staff apply them and as we request them - not so. Made changes to the bill in November which weren't applied properly. We were told putting on and "add-on" for free calls between our own mobiles would save money which we happily agreed to..(we have 4 phones on bill pay) and it's paid every month by DD so not examined in detail. Instead of the bill dropping, it seemed to be going up. Logged on to the online account to have a browse and noticed that not only were we paying for the cheaper "add-on", but we were also paying for every call between our OWN mobiles. We rang them last week, got numerous apologies (plus a bit of firstline attitude) but eventually got told that yes it was their mistake. Proceeded to tell us they'd credit back the 3 months charges for the calls but omitted the "add-on" charge until it was pointed out to them. Up to last week we were sure everything was ok until a quick check today proved that nothing had been changed, credited or resolved... PLEASE PLEASE check your plans as taking their word for it just isn't enough - I thought the technology was fool proof, but it seems like I was the only fool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

keanu72 wrote: »
    Can't warn people enough about 02 and over charging at mo...Really pissed off with them over the mistakes. I tend to take it for granted that their systems apply changes as the staff apply them and as we request them - not so. Made changes to the bill in November which weren't applied properly. We were told putting on and "add-on" for free calls between our own mobiles would save money which we happily agreed to..(we have 4 phones on bill pay) and it's paid every month by DD so not examined in detail. Instead of the bill dropping, it seemed to be going up. Logged on to the online account to have a browse and noticed that not only were we paying for the cheaper "add-on", but we were also paying for every call between our OWN mobiles. We rang them last week, got numerous apologies (plus a bit of firstline attitude) but eventually got told that yes it was their mistake. Proceeded to tell us they'd credit back the 3 months charges for the calls but omitted the "add-on" charge until it was pointed out to them. Up to last week we were sure everything was ok until a quick check today proved that nothing had been changed, credited or resolved... PLEASE PLEASE check your plans as taking their word for it just isn't enough - I thought the technology was fool proof, but it seems like I was the only fool!

Not just idiotic technology, but staff have been known to not put things on properly. You'd think they'd make it in such a way that it's a one click procedure, but there are so many simular offers that have simular product names on the system that the wrong one can often be put on by miskate.

I'm not a fan of O2, they are stuck in their ways and not helpful when you need them most.

Advertisement