Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The number of bikes passing behind the TV reporter during the 6 o clock news!

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever counted the number of cyclist seen passing government buildings during the 6 o clock news as RTE do an outside broadcast! I find myself having difficulty paying sttention to the report as I count, and more recently look at the type, of bikes passing. The record so far is 11. Let's see if this will be beaten during the election and formation of a new government. While unscientific to say the least I still reckon it is a reasonable indicator of the ever increasing numbers cycling to work.

Comments

Wonder who will be the first person spotted in a boards jersey on RTÉ news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭easygoing39

There's normally more taxi's than anything else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Dónal wrote: »
    Jean Byrne? She's worn stranger things.

(Ok, she presents the weather, not the news. Close enough?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Dónal wrote: »

This sounds like a good challenge. I live close to there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭pmcd22

I can see it now. once a rte t.v. video camera comes out, out of nowhere.. all ye board jersey riders will start rushing in front of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just watched a bit of that report on the rte player and just noticed one guy nearly getting taken out of it by a taxi coming out of the side street there (think its grattan lane)

Advertisement