Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei B260a and Aspire PBX

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hiya just wondering whether anyone has set up\ is using a Huawei B260a as a gateway for a PBX system.

Does this B260a pass through the caller ID of the PBX or is that a carrier setting?

I am looking at getting some of these for our small office from 3.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 musically challenged

Hi,
    I had a quick look at the spec from the manufacturer website and could find no mention of CLID. Generally most GSM gateways do support CLID but, if you're going to use the Huawei just for routing calls then it seems like overkill or did you get a good price?
    There is a website in cork doing very simple ones, if you want the link then PM me. Just make sure you have a free analogue trunk port on the Aspire to connect the gateway.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Yeah I got two of them free from our mobile phone provider, but they are having issues masking our landline number for some reason...

We would save about half compared to our normal landline to mobile rate if this would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 musically challenged

By masking your number do you mean block it being sent or sending your landline number out. Blocking is easy - put sim in a phone and set the phone not to send out your number or put #31# (o2) [141 if it is a landline] in front of the number being dialled.
    If you want your landline number to be sent then that is purely in the hands of your service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Thanks musicallychallenged.
    We do want the landline number to be sent out via the sims.

So I guess its onto the provider again.

Thanks
    MJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 murphy10101

well, at the moment i have my fone acting as my wifi router and it need to be beside the window to pick up a signal. even with the fone from time to time, it changes from a "H" signal of 2-4 mb to a "3G" signal which is no good and can have no connection at another time!... ya so i was thinking that if i put an Aerial on the roof beside the uhf aerial connected to a router ( probably the hauwei b260a router from three)! wondered would this stop the signal loss from time to time! any ideas if this will work or the products to use?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement