Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Business, Virtual Offices

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All

I hope I get a bit of advise.

I am looking to start an online trading business however, I have reached few obstacles on the way.

The main problem is registering a business address in Ireland. I am EU national and I am currently in a residential rental property. As per my contract/letting agreement I am not allowed to have any business activities at my address. After a bit of research I discovered that there is a possibility to "rent a virtual office", to pay a physical office to use their business address as mine. There are quite a few companies out there offering this kind of service and the cheapest appear to be Leeson Business Centres (www.leesonbusinesscentres.ie). I require a mailing address only for registration purposes, they offer this service at €25.00 + VAT per month. Leeson also require 3 month advance payment and security deposit of €70.00, which would cost €160.75. This option is the cheapest out there really, but for start-up business it is quite costly and I would rather not have this cost at all.

This brings me to a question; is there another way of registering business in Ireland or if there is a cheaper "virtual office" solution out there? Or should I ignore my letting agent and contract and still register business in a residential address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

You could always contact your letting agent and ask if it's ok to run a business from the house.. That's what I did and they'd no problem with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sirtammel

As I did and he politely said no this is not possible per letting agreement..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I will reconsider my business plan again and again IF the cost of €160 is so critical and huge at start-up ! !
    I'm using a virtual office in Glasnevin and they requires only one month up-front deposit...
    Good luck...

Advertisement