Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride2Work (England) Scheme

Options
  • 24-01-2011 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a friend/relative to purchase a bike this way? Bit sneaky but I've been outta work for ages and would love to upgrade only can't avail of the scheme and can't find anyone this side of the water who will do it for me. Have a sister in The UK who is looking into it. Spoke to achap yesterday and I think they get up to £1000 off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Has anyone got a friend/relative to purchase a bike this way? Bit sneaky but I've been outta work for ages and would love to upgrade only can't avail of the scheme and can't find anyone this side of the water who will do it for me. Have a sister in The UK who is looking into it. Spoke to achap yesterday and I think they get up to £1000 off.
    AFAIK it is up to £1000 in the UK however asking for help here with exploiting their BTW scheme is likely to get you into trouble with the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

FAO: MOD - if it does seem illegit then please close thread. no harm intended.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

FAO: MOD - if it does seem illegit then please close thread. no harm intended.
    I can confirm it is illegal to do this under the UK scheme

I would add that under the UK scheme the bike remains the property of the employer (although it can be "sold" at market value to the employee at the end of the rental term)

As requested, I'm closing the thread

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement