Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TimeMachine - Disk Space?

Options
  • 24-01-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a time machine set up on a 500GB network drive. My old hard drive was 160GB and I was able to do two back ups. I've upgraded to a 500GB drive (Thats now 178GB filled). The problem is Time Machine used keep asking for a bigger drive. I thought it deleted old back ups when full? Its getting to the stage where I would need a 1TB+ drive for even a few back ups.

Any tips?

ironclaw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

If I remember correctly, Time Machine will pop up when the drive is too full and as you do you want to delete the oldest backups.

I am using a 1TB Time Capsule with my iMac which has a 1TB hdd. Its working out fine for me, though I have never let me HDD fill up completely. I guess it depends on how full your mac hard drive gets and how many backups you would like Time Machine to keep.

Advertisement