Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI Stamp on bikes

Options
  • 24-01-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Was reading in Cycling Weekly about the new UCI ruling that all bikes manufactured from 2011 onwards must have a UCI approved stamp on them to be able to use in races (I assume just UCI races not local ones), will that mean that 2012 Ras bikes that are bought from now on must have this stamp going forward? Obviously if you have a frame from last year then its ok but say you bought a frame from some small manufacture or a cheap Chinese import, would you be excluded?
    The magazine called it a UCI tax on bikes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

I think this has been put on hold.
    Also, I was under the impression that it was ProTour (or whatever it's called now) events only.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭rochefan

From the article it seems its going to be for 2012. The Rapha manager John Herety said it would be good for his team as if the bike has the stamp then the bikes won't get rejected by a commissaire on the start line( esp TT's) so I take its for all UCI races hence the Ras

Advertisement