Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please welcome your new Mod

Options
  • 24-01-2011 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭

Barrington has kindly agreed to join the Mod team for the CT forum

Please give him a warm welcome*

*Not as warm as the one given to Yekahs as I don't think we could handle that again*

He will be replacing myself as I am stepping down from modding as soon as I can line up suitable replacements for my forums

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Barrington as a mod!! It's a Conspiracy, A CONSPIRACY!!! :p

Good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Welcome to Barrington (formerly known as Paddyirishman85), and I have no doubt he'll be a great addition.

I'd also like to thank The Recliner for his time with the forum, he did a fantastic job in the last few months.
    *Not as warm as the one given to Yekahs as I don't think we could handle that again*

Feck that! Roast him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Why the name change? What has he to hide? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thanks folks. And thanks to The Recliner, sorry to see him go (but love to watch him leave harharhar)

And regarding the name change, we most certainly did not replace the original paddyirishman85 because he discovered our evil plans. No sir-ee-Bob.

In short, I look forward to basically trying to keep this place running smooth, and working with the mods and regulars to try and find ways to make it smoother for everyone.

Only thing I'll say is please, please, please use the Report button. Even if you feel something is borderline, someone else might not feel that way and by reporting it, we can fix it before it causes trouble.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Congrats dude, and best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Yeah welcome Barrington. And thanks to the recliner for time and effort!

One question though. Why would you change your name from PaddyIrishman literally an Irish one to a toff sounding British one: Barrington?

It's all very confusing. Mind if I just call you Paddington?

paddington-L.jpg

Yeah welcome Barrington. And thanks to the recliner for time and effort!

One question though. Why would you change your name from PaddyIrishman literally an Irish one to a toff sounding British one: Barrington?

It's all very confusing. Mind if I just call you Paddington?

paddington-L.jpg

I actually do dress like that. Freaks a lot of people out.

Barrington is a nickname a lot of my English friends call me, just preferred it lately. Been paddyirishman on various things for about 8 years

Barrington wrote: »
    I actually do dress like that. Freaks a lot of people out.

Barrington is a nickname a lot of my English friends call me, just preferred it lately. Been paddyirishman on various things for about 8 years

Ah! now I remember you! Barrington with English mates and the ranincoat.

1261094978pz2o19.jpg

Could everyone please refrain from posting personal pictures of me? Don't make me ban y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Welcome Barrington. Are you a freemason?:rolleyes::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

I've been away for a week so just saw this now. Sorry to see The Recliner go, but "Barrington" will be a welcome addition I'm sure. He's been a fair and balanced poster previously and I'm sure will remain so.

Hate the name change though, boo-urns!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I think the name change is funny and fun lol
    Because its a CT forum its quite easy to stir the pot :)

Hmm boards being taken over by the english?
    No paddies allowed? hehe
    It must be a mason thing... Yekahs might know :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Nah, Barrington is Kewl in my Buke ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

shame to see the recliner quit tho:(

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

A warm welcome to you Barrington. Pull up a chair and get comfy as its going to be a long night or day on the computer. Oh and grab a cup of coffee too to ward off the sleep monsters :)

Have a great time on here and the best of luck to you :)

merlie wrote: »
    A warm welcome to you Barrington. Pull up a chair and get comfy as its going to be a long night or day on the computer. Oh and grab a cup of coffee too to ward off the sleep monsters :)

Have a great time on here and the best of luck to you :)

Your in there Paddy! :pac:

Well whaddya know! Being a mod does have some perks. :D

Thanks all

Advertisement