Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed

Options
  • 24-01-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

this was posted on another site, anyone who can help pm me and i'll give you her number!

im looking at one myself, if you are looking for a horse please keep these in mind

Horses

I have a friend who has decided to give up horses.
    He is sending them all to the factory in just over a weeks time unless anyone might want to have one for meat money, well less I think.
    Theyre very well bred well handled and very quiet(some broken and ridden)and range from 10yrs to yearlings.
    Im so upset that this is happening, so if anyone knows of anyone who is looking for a horse, or a companion horse..please mail me,
    Thanks.
    Helena

http://helena.imgur.com/horses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I suggest you put it in the Equestrian forum on here, might get more people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

The Irish Horse Welfare Trust might be able to help

www.ihwt.ie is their website

Or they might be able to advise you further

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

...decided to give up horses.
    He is sending them all to the factory in just over a weeks time unless anyone might want to have one for meat money, well less I think.
    Theyre very well bred well handled and very quiet(some broken and ridden)and range from 10yrs to yearlings.
    Im so upset that this is happening, so if anyone knows of anyone who is looking for a horse, or a companion horse..please mail me,
    [/B][/I]

God that's disgusting...like they were dance classes or something "oh I've just decided to give it up..."
    it just beggars belief!!

Fair play to that girl for trying to rescue them. While I don't know how she can still call someone like that a friend, thank God for her efforts. I hope at least some of these poor animals can be saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Helena, you might not like what I'm about to say but I respect your friend for sending them to the factory. Too many horses are left starving or abandoned at the side of the road. If someone has tried to sell or rehome horses & are faced with no other alternative then I would prefer to see a horse destroyed than be mistreated.
    You're a very kind person for posting this thread. I'll ask around & see if I know anyone with the facilities to take one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

sionnaic wrote: »
    God that's disgusting...like they were dance classes or something "oh I've just decided to give it up..."
    it just beggars belief!!

Fair play to that girl for trying to rescue them. While I don't know how she can still call someone like that a friend, thank God for her efforts. I hope at least some of these poor animals can be saved.

I doubt very much he ''just decided to give it up'' as if he lost interest. Unfortuantly, horses are extremely expensive to keep and in this down-turn, people can't afford them.

Although I adore horses, I praise him for sending them to the factor as they suffer the least. Majority of horses are abandoned and it has been my misfortune to see such horses. At least he is open to the option of selling them on.

Selling any horse these days is next to impossible..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

sup_dude wrote: »
    I doubt very much he ''just decided to give it up'' as if he lost interest. Unfortuantly, horses are extremely expensive to keep and in this down-turn, people can't afford them.

Although I adore horses, I praise him for sending them to the factor as they suffer the least. Majority of horses are abandoned and it has been my misfortune to see such horses. At least he is open to the option of selling them on.

Do they not suffer when they're sent to the factory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Tranceypoo wrote: »

I'm sure they feel some pain but it would be nothing compared to being left to waste away in a field with no food, no water & no shelter.
    Or having some thug beat, stab or race a horse to exhaustion just for the fun of it.

It is the lesser of two evils.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

this was posted on another site, anyone who can help pm me and i'll give you her number!

How about you just provide a like to this site please.
    im looking at one myself, if you are looking for a horse please keep these in mind

In the nicest possible way, more the fool you.
    Horses

I have a friend who has decided to give up horses.
    Thanks.
    Helena

http://helena.imgur.com/horses

Please read the OP very carefully folks, this is just somethinh the OP has copied from some random (unreferenced by the way) internet site, this is not his/her friend, it's a 'friend' of some person who posted something on the internet, that how it reads anyway. Funnily enough from those pictures this person keeps horses in a very similar to way to a lot of horse meat dealers.
    sup_dude wrote: »

Yes the are and waiting lists for factories are a lot longer than a few weeks, this person is traying to off-load these horses to generate the maximum profit possible to their own profit. This is a completely disgusting attempt to pull on the old heart-strings for this persons personal gain. :mad:
    Tranceypoo wrote: »

No more than any cow, pig, sheep or chicken that gets factoried.

Please don't get sucked in by this rubbish. I thought the advertising of live animals for sale was not allowed on Boards? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement