Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Reading for DAW beginners / music theory?

Options
  • 24-01-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi lads
    Another newbie hamfistedly entering bedroom recording for my own stuff (I can hear Paul Brewer tutting already :pac:). Daunting is not the word but excited about it. My main intention is to be able to track guitar, VOX and midi to a decent standard in the short/medium term and get the pros to mix.

I have PC laptop with Tascam interface, and starting with Cubase LE 5 just for the moment to start getting my head around things. Will be using guitar, condenser MIC and microkorg for midi. Will later look at plugging in some decent guitar effects and maybe something like EZ drummer.

My question is, do you know of any good books, online resources etc (aside from the stickies) that are consistently cited as being good reads for beginners like me?

I'm interested in both theory and also stuff that's specific to the likes of Cubase etc.

I'm an impatient bast*rd and like a lot of people, tempted to skip through the instructions and lash into it, but I realise I should try to temper this and read read read as much as possible before jumping in.

You must assume I am completely clueless here...which isn't far from the truth.

thanks

Comments

Advertisement