Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizminds.org

Options
  • 24-01-2011 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and two other young graduate entrepreneurs are setting up a young entrepreneurs network called Bizminds.org. We want to partner, support and promote all of the Business, Entrepreneurial & Social societies in 3rd level institutions in Ireland. If your college does not have one we would like to help you to set it up by helping you organise guest speakers, panel discussions, creative workshops and networking events.

The point of the excercise is to create a space or an engaging environment within the college society structures so that young people with entrepreneurial ambitions can meet like minded people, encouraging people to put aside ther uncertainty through community, developing collaborations and learning from people that are a few years ahead in that journey.

Remember, all of doomsday talk in the media is nonsense. This is THE most exiting time to be alive, and especially to be young. Ireland is THE BEST COUNTRY in the world to start up a business and a recession is THE BEST TIME to start a business. I will explain why to any enterprising individual that PMs me.

Well run Business & Entrepreneurial societies will allow graduates and school-leavers to be creative together, but also brain-storm about an exact implementation strategy before leaving college rather than having to spend months learning about business after they graduate.

We want this to be a national organisation that takes the best business plans from colleges and schools in Ireland and provides incubation space in order to develop the business plans fully so that they can either implement a strategy or look for funding confidently and credibly.

This is a Not-For-Profit enterprise. At the moment we are looking for 3 or 4 more individuals with complementary skillsets and backgrounds to ourselves, including a programmer to manage the website, someone with a legal background, decent bloggers/writers with ambitions in journalism (especially business journalism) and a creative person that can create short videos to promote the start-ups involved with Bizminds. All are welcome though.

Please PM me if you or any friends of yours are interested in setting this up in your college.

Only 3% of the Irish population actually want to set up on their own, and left to chance, it is not likely that these people will meet each other in college as they are from many different faculties. This is how we can bring them together.

The first Bizminds meet up is going to be in the Westbury hotel Tuesday 25th Jan 2011 at 7pm

Advertisement