Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swiss Stop Green Pads

Options
  • 24-01-2011 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm thinking of getting a set of Swiss Stop Green pads and have not heard to many reviews and just wondering if any of you guys had used them and if so how did you find them in dry and wet conditions.

Thanks
    Crash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

highly recommended, transformed my tiagra brakes.

good in wet as well as dry, had them on 6 months and not wearing excessively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Just upgraded to them last week & huge improvement. I've 105 breaks on the bike btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

They've been on my wife's hybrid (v-brakes) for over a year and she has been impressed by them - she formerly used Shimano pads. I put them on my MTB's cantilevers a few months back and have found them quite good too, commuting in all weather. I recently put them on one of my road bikes, replacing a pair of Campag Chorus pads, and they've been working well there too.

In my experience of them across my MTB and road bike they don't lock on in the same way as some other brake pads, they tend to slow you down gradually (but fairly quickly though) rather than making it easy to throw the bike into a skid. It's very much a personal thing as to whether that suits though.

Incidentally, the prices of them vary quite a bit online. If I remember correctly, the best price I found them for was on www.bike24.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoubX

Changed to them for a Ventoux trip. Good piece of kit, I'd buy them again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Have them on both my bikes: no intention of ever using anything else now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

I put them on my bike over Christmas.

They feel very good so far, but that wouldn't be hard as the FSA brakes were so bad!

Good braking in both wet/dry conditions.

Brakes slow you down!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

are they for a specific type of rim check before you buy.i use the salmon on my sun rhyno rims there very good;)

Advertisement