Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imac and Aperture 3

Options
  • 24-01-2011 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Purchased Aperture 3 from the app store and overall I'm very impressed with it although it can be a bit slow. Given the spec's of my Imac would installing additional RAM improve Aperture performance?
    Thanks

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm using Aperture with a MacBook Pro (also C2D with 4Gb) and I'm also a bit disappointed that its not more snappy.

I'm not sure that RAM is the issue though. I'm under the impression that 4Gb should be more than sufficient.

If you want to be sure about this, check System Memory in Activity Monitor and make sure there's a good green slice in the pie chart. Also check the Disk Activity tab, that'll tell you if there's any paging going on during Aperture slowdowns.

Advertisement