Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten- Constant Meowing

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Our kitten who is nearly five and a half months old constantly meows. It's driving us mad!

He's not neutered as of yet. The Vet will do it at 6 months. When this happens will he calm down?

There is noting whatsoever wrong with him. He eats the best, gets heaps of attention (when not acting up), has loads of toys, litter is always clean... but constantly meows. I've tried ignoring him - went on for more than an hour before I had enough.

When he's not meowing he's a great cat - very affectionate.

Any advice? Another 2 weeks of this and we'll be pulling our hair our!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Some cats are vocal. The worst thing you can do in response to a vocal cat is become agitated, because they just get louder!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Ah the hours of meowing. My advice, either dont ignore it, or get used to it. We've got four cats here, two maine coons, two moggies (one with a bit of oriental in him and the other with Brit Shorthair in him) and they are all very vocal, especially the oriental cross. He walks around the house meowing at absolutely nothing. He will sit staring at the wall meowing for ages with absolutely no reason behind it. Usually if we talk back to him, he shuts up, comes over and snuggles down on the couch. The kittens on the other hand, meow very loudly when they're trying to find each other or one of us. Once they find the one they're searching for they quieten down again.
    Just try to think of it as a very talkative child around the house.

BTW Maine coons have one of the loudest meows I've ever heard!!

Advertisement