Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving wrong way out of North Campus

Options
  • 24-01-2011 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I've actually seen this a few times which is crazy. People chance their arm coming out of the SU car park and turn right to save a minute or two...going against the one-way system and potentially scaring the crap out of people like me. So dangerous!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

shamtastic wrote: »
    I've actually seen this a few times which is crazy. People chance their arm coming out of the SU car park and turn right to save a minute or two...going against the one-way system and potentially scaring the crap out of people like me. So dangerous!

Yeah, some people are very lazy like that. Not to mention those who don't realise that traffic coming from the Kilcock road has right of way inside the front gate. IE if you are driving from the footbridge, intending to stay in the camus and drive around the Callan building, rather than leaving, you must yield to any traffic coming onto campus. I have had a few drivers in that position who blew their horns at me for taking my right of way when I was coming on to campus. Had any of them been going to the same car park as me, they'd probably have started flipping their lids, and I would happily have made damn sure they were aware of their error

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Yeah I've seen people drive the whole way around campus the wrong way, nearly drove into me one day round by the football pitches, assholes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i've seen buses/coaches doing it, but no cars yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I have seen someone reversing backwards from the Su past the footbridge towards the carparks. Does that still count? :)

Although I would be more worried about the amount of students in cars who don't understand they should stop at the pedestrian crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

i've seen buses/coaches doing it, but no cars yet...

I've seen plenty of cars doing it, in particular people delivering fast-food on campus.
    its not only dangerous, its down right stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PenelopeT

Yeah I saw a lady on her phone chatting away and beeping at ME for driving the right way! She was just past the residential area and approaching the football pitches, so she just must have been completely ignorant of the one-way system or decided to completely ignore it.

Advertisement