Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 GP concept set for revival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

It died for a reason the last time. No one was watching it.

If it got terrestrial coverage it might do well (doubtful) but stuck away on pay TV it is doomed to failure.

There's space in the market for 2 top level open wheel racing series. F1 fills one slot and it pains me to say it but Indycar fills the other.

This rebirth will go the same away as A1GP. Expect Superleague Formula to follow suit eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It died for a reason the last time. No one was watching it.

If it got terrestrial coverage it might do well (doubtful) but stuck away on pay TV it is doomed to failure.

Actually A1 had quite a following online, as they streamed the global English feed on their website live every race weekend for quali and the races themselves. So it was never really about viewership.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

I would suggest that they need to get the cars to

A) Look alot better and
    B) Be alot faster. They would have affordable cars at F1 speeds by allow large engines, removing most of the aero restrictions, and removing alot of restrictions like active suspension, steer braking...........
    C) Have it on free to air telly. I am 7MB broadband and still cant stream video from sky player correctly. Not all countries can watch online!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Loved the A1 GP when it was on.
    Personally i wouldnt change anything about the cars or regulations

Close racing at its best..F1 should take note of a few rules and regs and bring close racing back

Hope this comes back SOON..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

thegoth wrote: »
    I would suggest that they need to get the cars to

A) Look alot better and
    B) Be alot faster. They would have affordable cars at F1 speeds by allow large engines, removing most of the aero restrictions, and removing alot of restrictions like active suspension, steer braking...........
    C) Have it on free to air telly. I am 7MB broadband and still cant stream video from sky player correctly. Not all countries can watch online!!!

Sure GP2 cars are as quick as F1 cars now, should be no problem making a faster car. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

amacachi wrote: »
    Sure GP2 cars are as quick as F1 cars now, should be no problem making a faster car. :pac:
    or in HRT's case, a GP2 car is faster than an f1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

I soo hope A1 will be back! was closer races than F1 and the fact they race under country flags is just so more better thing than what's F1 going into with private non-automotive companies owning teams :/

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Link anyone ?

Advertisement