Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Of Hype 5 12/02/11

Options
  • 23-01-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

The tournament will be held the XGC, in Dublin, on the 12th of February. The entry to the tournament will be €5, along with a €5 charge for renting consoles on the day.For those only attending for the tournament and not the casual play, a lower rate may be allowed on the day, as we will still need to cover rental costs. For those only attending casual play, there will be no tournament charge.
    Tournament registration will open at 12:00 in the centre, and will close at tournament start (1:30-2). Casual play after wards will run as long as people are happy to play, both before and after the tournament.
    People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; Group rounds followed by a double elimination tournament.
    Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.
    For the grand final, the matches will be best of 5.

1. All characters are selectable. This includes available DLC characters. However, this does not include beginner or Unlimited versions.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please.

11. All glory to the hype dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

The prize pot for the tournament will be split 35/20/10 (depending on numbers who attend. This is roughly for a 16 man tournament, the prize will go up if there are more in attendance and lowered if there are less.)
    All money remaining the prize pot will go towards the community fund.

The seeds are as follows from the prior tournaments (Only the last 3 tournaments held are used to factor in seedings) :
    1. Joe
    2. Holly
    3. Voa
    4. QMM, Xinkai
    6. Ramza
    7. Jarvy1
    8. Gory, SadX
    10. Fletcher, FakeJim
    12. Paige, Yreval, Orim, Doom
    16. Scavenger XIII, AdamWest, Sairus, Infernis

In the event that both QM2 and Xinkai show up, they will have a preliminary face-off to decide which gets the seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'll make sure to turn up this time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I'll be down for this
    with my scrubby Makoto and Brokenhayn

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Voa wrote: »
    In the event that both QM2 and Xinkai show up, they will have a preliminary face-off to decide which gets the seed.
    I've got a moonspeak class that morning so I doubt I'll be down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

I'm unsure of my attendance, I'll know better that week as i will be just out of hosp on Tuesday and not sure if I'll be fit enough to go down ^^ i want to, intend to, but i have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I'm unsure of my attendance, I'll know better that week as i will be just out of hosp on Tuesday and not sure if I'll be fit enough to go down ^^ i want to, intend to, but i have to wait and see.

if all the strong players drop out, that makes it easier for me :D

but i do hope you guys come down ^_^

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

chueytoo wrote: »
    if all the strong players drop out, that makes it easier for me :D

but i do hope you guys come down ^_^

pfft.

Have to get through me first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

pfft.

Have to get through me first.

And all the rods and frogs too :p

Fergus_ wrote: »
    And all the rods and frogs too :p
    AND the broken players

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

And the Beez and resets.

Yes, The Beesets.

• Advertisement

First to three beesets.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I have a ton of assignments to do but ill try clone myself and make it out for the day.
    me
    :)
    clone me
    :)
    cant do a combo between us
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Voa wrote: »
    6. Ramza

dawson%20crying.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

If I can get the day off work I'll be in, need some last minute high level play before Cannes.

Other than that the seeds shall remain the same I'm guessing, or since Vyze has been to more WoH's, he would get the seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I'll try attend it this time. :]

Right 99% likely i won't be at this due to the fact i've no place to stay in belfast if i got the last or 2nd last train back.
    Also the profit i'd get if i won would be in the negatives.
    notbecauseyourefreeoranything

Butbutbut THE HYYYYYYYYPE

I'm out guys, having my birthday dinner that day.
    Maybe around 6PM, 6:30 in Yamamori's, you're all welcome to attend. :)

Scratch that. the northern fang (c wut i did thar). will be down for this since i've got travel sorted

Bring it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Looking at my schedule I'm afraid I can't attend this one

Hopefully I can give you guys your easy wins at WOH6 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Should make it to this, then Xinkai's dinner thing after.
    That being said, I havent played in a week or two, and I've been playing around with the stick Xinkai loaned me a little.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Linoud wrote: »
    Should make it to this, then Xinkai's dinner thing after.
    That being said, I havent played in a week or two, and I've been playing around with the stick Xinkai loaned me a little.

Some friend you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Fear the frog Joe Dooms coming for you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'll be taking my 1st place trophy + winnings this Saturday.

Not if I have anything to do with it mr Gamigo Snake

>:|

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll see if I can wire up a stick to use until my Hitbox's paint dries.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Ramza wrote: »
    Not if I have anything to do with it mr Gamigo Snake

>:|

your not even going to make it:(

well gory i'll just have to stop you:p

• Advertisement

i might make a surprise appearance to knock you down to losers and then go home :P

Advertisement