Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with a toddler in Malahide

Options
  • 23-01-2011 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi there,

I spend three mornings per week in Malahide with a very active 19month old boy!!!! (bro in playschool!)

Not from the area and am looking for stuff to do, we have explored the beach!!!

ANyone know of any playgroups, playgrounds or parks..... we have been to Malahide castle......

ANy help would be great!

MG:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I know its not in Malahide but if you have a car why not check out Newbridge house in Donabate. It has an animal farm that might distract.

http://www.newbridgehouseandfarm.com/joomla/

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/CommunityRecreationandAmenitiesDepartment/Parks/ParksHeritageProperties/NewbridgeHouse/

You can see some of the animals like the deer and horses without having to pay into the main farm. Maybe someone from Donabate can tell you if its possible to get to from Donabate train station easily with a toddler or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

there is a playground on the coast road near high rock, which is a nice place to walk and collect shells ect. high rock is the little pier with the railings about half way between portmarnock and malahide.
    there is also a model train display in the castle but not sure if its open this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Hopefully you have a car or you're pretty limited in the village unfortunately. Or you could get the bus.

I often take my boss's 5 year old for a few hours the odd weekend so I'm getting to know some good kid friendly places around the area. The Kinsealy pet store is pretty cool for kids and only a couple of minutes drive from Malahide village. It's more than a pet shop, there's snakes, spiders, meerkats, parrots, lizards, chinchillas etc. Would keep a toddler entertained for at least 20 minutes lol :)

www.kinsealypetstore.ie

Malahide Library has a nice kids section with lots of younger books. It's free to join too.

Fun Galaxy at Airside is great for passing a few hours, there's a toddler section and the staff are lovely. You can sit and have a coffee and watch while the kids play.

+1 on Newbridge House. It's only 5 euro per child and adults go free if they're with a child, it's a lovely place.

The playground at Ardgillen Castle is great. Again though you'll need a car for a lot of these things.

Try the library aswell for playgroups, I know they have them in the mornings during the week if you check out the notice boards there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Try the library aswell for playgroups, I know they have them in the mornings during the week if you check out the notice boards there.

Malahide library have a Parent & Toddler group every Thursday morning at 10am.

Advertisement