Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon Falls Magic tree

Options
  • 23-01-2011 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Just for youse who a familiar with the" magic tree " on the way up the Mahon Falls during the SKT ( it's always a great landmark after you go through the cattle-grid ) some morons cut the thing down with a chainsaw during the week .

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You really have to wounder about some people, seriously wtf is wrong with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Disgrace. Hopefully they put a new one in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

its often done on the sally gap some one sticks some crap on a tree every one else does the same .. a up rite dump ... that will get tosses into our countryside ...... best nip it in the bud so to speak ,ha ha ....

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

jwshooter wrote: »
    its often done on the sally gap some one sticks some crap on a tree every one else does the same .. a up rite dump ... that will get tosses into our countryside ...... best nip it in the bud so to speak ,ha ha ....

You have to wonder about posts like this :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Deisetrek wrote: »
    You have to wonder about posts like this :confused:

when you have worked in a place of natural beauty and see the **** that is left buy passers by , you will understand .

there was a tree just before inchavore bridge on the sally gap that had the same done to it ,, it was chopped to stop litter .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

I was up there this morning. It's sad really. The tree has been there for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

a place of natural beauty […] it was chopped to stop litter .

Really? The best solution to litter in a place of natural beauty is to remove not just the litter itself but some of the natural beauty...??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

when you have worked in a place of natural beauty and see the **** that is left buy passers by , you will understand .

there was a tree just before inchavore bridge on the sally gap that had the same done to it ,, it was chopped to stop litter .

I notice you're from Wexford , so I'll excuse your ignorance of the sense of horror the locals in Waterford feel about this wanton act of vandalism . People down here are horrified that such a landmark , and it is a landmark whether you like it or not ,was butchered by mindless morons . It was always a point to look out for on a climb up the Mahon Falls for cyclists and incidentally lots of tourists . Posted it's demise on here 'cause I was under the delusion others felt the same about it , obviously I was wrong judging by your take on it ............takes all kinds :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

If it really is magic , it'll grow back in no time ......

Advertisement