Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bag shops? (Men and women!)

Options
  • 23-01-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello.

I'm looking for a new bag for college and I haven't had any luck anywhere. I'm on a very limited budget (around 50-60e would be on the highish side) so I know my options are going to slim, but I'm hoping someone will have a good recommendation! I'm sick to death of looking around all the usual high street shops, all of them just carry different variations of the same thing and none of them suit my purposes.

I'm ideally looking for something sturdy enough, perhaps a briefcase, but it'll have to have a shoulder strap. I need a bag that's able to hold a netbook and an a4 pad, as well as the other necessities, umbrella, phone, wallet, etc. I'm not opposed to shopping in the male section of shops, as they actually tend to be cheaper. Leather would be preferrable, though again, with my budget, I know a good bag would be hard to come by.

I'll dance at your wedding if you can point me in the right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

have you tried avoca? they usually have nice bags for around the 50mark...i don't know how far you'd get with leather though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

My Jansport bag is 12 years old and still looks perfect. I got mine in Flip at the side of the Central Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bluegirl.

I haven't even thought of Avoca, thanks for the idea! Yeah, I might be pushing it with the leather but I want to give it a shot :P

Jansport are pretty damn sturdy, I have one myself, but I'm looking for something that I can 'wear', if you get me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Ah okay, Debenhams have some nice leather ones

Advertisement