Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Hire from Dublin to France and Back

Options
  • 23-01-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi

I want to book a 7 seater diesel any car /mpv/ people career from dublin going to France and then back to dublin.

I am finding difficult to find who allows cross border .

I have a ferry already booked with a car .

Also any cheap option / discount codes?

Some people have told me to belfast to get a deal . But that will mean 2 side on trian or bus etc what do you think?

Every help is appericaited .

Many Thanks In advance .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Not possible, anyone who will allow you to take the car across borders will not allow you to take it on a ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

testicle wrote: »
    Not possible, anyone who will allow you to take the car across borders will not allow you to take it on a ferry.

Yeah struck at same point

Dont know what to do :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭CabanasBoy

Buy an auld Hyundai Trajet for a couple of grand and resell it when you get back. Not as daft as it sounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

Not bad

but what seven sisiter you guy think is best to resell as I dont want to end up struck with it as well

thanks

CabanasBoy wrote: »
    Buy an auld Hyundai Trajet for a couple of grand and resell it when you get back. Not as daft as it sounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭CabanasBoy

topdost wrote: »
    Not bad

but what seven sisiter you guy think is best to resell as I dont want to end up struck with it as well

thanks

Go on to Gumtree.ie or Donedeal.ie and have a look at the various types from Hyundai, Kia etc, even an ex-taxi Hiace van, it doesn't matter what it looks like or if it has a few dents and scrapes. Just be prepared to sell it for less than you paid for it and you'll get rid of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement