Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction engineer moving to work in heathrow area of london. advice required

Options
  • 23-01-2011 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi ya all,

im 28 , construction enginner got a job in at the construction work goin on in heathrow.
    wont have a job for a while so public transport will be required.
    what area is best to live in in the west london area or further out.
    lookin for a room in a house, anyone know what price i should pay for a place with maybe broadband included, or anyone know of a room goin.
    wouldnt mind a medium sided room.
    any info would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

Try http://uk.easyroommate.com/
    OR http://www.spareroom.co.uk/ click on the home page

Any chance for a job, or just the name of some contractors working at Heathrow that I can send my CV to ;)
    If so, please send me a PM.
    Regards Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Try http://uk.easyroommate.com/
    OR http://www.spareroom.co.uk/ click on the home page

Any chance for a job, or just the name of some contractors working at Heathrow that I can send my CV to ;)
    If so, please send me a PM.
    Regards Paddy
    are you the chap looking for the excavator driver job?

If you are........... your gonna have to make the leap and get over there,then you have some chance of getting a job driving
    have you got the cpcs tickets and cscs on 1 card? only asking so you prepared and ready to go if you get a job over there.

are you the chap looking for the excavator driver job?

If you are........... your gonna have to make the leap and get over there,then you have some chance of getting a job driving
    have you got the cpcs tickets and cscs on 1 card? only asking so you prepared and ready to go if you get a job over there.

Yep, that's me, Irish tickets are being transfered to the UK CPCS Blue at the moment, and I am sending out CV's with a UK address (a friends) in Romford in London, I lived over there before and I was on to the revenue about me NI number, I can retrieve this when I get there so I more or less have everything sorted, all I need now is the start :o

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Country lane

I'm not sure which companies are doing it, but cross rail have a ton of excavation drivers working on it and will do for years to come I would think, so might be worth looking into who the work is sub contracted out too.

I'm not sure which companies are doing it, but cross rail have a ton of excavation drivers working on it and will do for years to come I would think, so might be worth looking into who the work is sub contracted out too.

Yep trying to get into the crossrail too :confused:

• Advertisement

Yep trying to get into the crossrail too :confused:

That job is probably loaded with plant hire firms........

why dont you ring up a plant hire firm and ask them for a job?

Why does it have to be the crossrail job?

There are hundreds of other projects ongoing in the capital so anyone who really wants a job will get one
    ,by the way.... you will need your self employment details sorted out,you get this card from the revenue.

That job is probably loaded with plant hire firms........

why dont you ring up a plant hire firm and ask them for a job?

Why does it have to be the crossrail job?

There are hundreds of other projects ongoing in the capital so anyone who really wants a job will get one
    ,by the way.... you will need your self employment details sorted out,you get this card from the revenue.

Yep all this done too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

What's a construction engineer exactly?

Yep all this done too :(

robert collard demolition

Contact this guy immediately, he's looking for a driver for a Hitachi 280 in Dagenham.

immed start.

Dont contact him if you cant drive as you will be found out...... good luck.

Advertisement