Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne under new pressure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

It also usually features one of the best races of the season. The 2010 race for instance was a cracker plus its not designed by Tilke which helps. I really hope the Australian Grand Prix stays at its current location.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

I think its been making a loss the last few years so loosing Melbourne is a real possibility which would be a tremendous shame! The good news is they have a contract to host the Australian Grand Prix till 2015 so we should get a few years out of it yet! If the Australian gp does switch city I'd love to see them go back to Adelaide! Some classic races had there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Cough! *Bathurst* Cough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Bernie has upped the ante with the Aussies and said he's willing to talk to them about "cancelling their contract".

Interesting that Mr E has gone to Australia to win the PR battle but I'd be very surprised if any move by the mayor was successful, rising costs or not the Aussies love their sport and with Webber doing so well they would be crazy not to cash in on it

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Grim. wrote: »
    Cough! *Bathurst* Cough

I wish!! It would probably be deemed to dangerous though! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement