Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to wireless printer

Options
  • 23-01-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I got a wireless printer recently (Kodak esp5210) and I can't connect to it wirelessly, any help would be appreciated. I've a eircom broadband wireless router and I have the printer connected to this no problems, but when I search for the printer on the laptop to add a wireless printer, it doesn't find it. No matter what I do I can't see the printer from the laptop.
    I have file and printer sharing enabled.
    Is there something I'm missing?
    Getting very frustrated with it!

It does work no problems when connected with usb

Thanks in advance for any words of guidance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

There's a firmware update for that printer which fixes issues with wireless connectivity

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17543/~/kodak-esp-5210-all-in-one-printer-firmware---windows-operating-systems

You will need to connect the printer via USB and then run the update.

Tyr this and let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

hazelhand wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a wireless printer recently (Kodak esp5210) and I can't connect to it wirelessly, any help would be appreciated. I've a eircom broadband wireless router and I have the printer connected to this no problems, but when I search for the printer on the laptop to add a wireless printer, it doesn't find it. No matter what I do I can't see the printer from the laptop.
    I have file and printer sharing enabled.
    Is there something I'm missing?
    Getting very frustrated with it!

It does work no problems when connected with usb

Thanks in advance for any words of guidance :)

A HP one broke my heart recently and it was because I didn't install the software that came with the printer. There was me thinking all I had to do was add the printer through windows 7. Even then I couldn't get it to work but I just added it through windows, which worked do to the origional software having been installed. I'm assuming!

I hate technology sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hazelhand

The firmware update suggested worked thank u thank u thank u

Advertisement