Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do some intelligent people become criminals?

Options
  • 23-01-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭

Don't know if it is the right area, hope so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

JG009 wrote: »
    for the same reason dumb people do , might help narrow it down a bit if give a scinario ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

for the same reason dumb people do , might help narrow it down a bit if give a scinario ;)

I don't mean throwing a brick through a window. Career criminals.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Greed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

I don't mean throwing a brick through a window. Career criminals.

hey to burst your bubble love but what 'criminals' do aint any different from what the rest of the world does. they just have the conviction to justify what there doing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Sorry I realise I didn't put the question forward very well. Why do they choose to use their brains for illegal activity rather than the usual paths. In your opinion of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

I would suggest that intelligent people are able to realise that notions such as religion, morality, and laws are simply man-made attempts at keeping the masses in check, (usually invented iby the rich and powerful) and therefore attempt to amass a fortune as quickly as possible without being restricted by said notions.

Also, if one were to really investigate the fortunes of some of the wealthiest people in the world, there would be little or no difference between their actions and those of a criminal persuasion. And they are all in bed together at the end of the day.

As the old saying goes: 'There is no such thing as an honest billionaire.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Why don't all intelligent people become criminals?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Ficheall wrote: »
    Why don't all intelligent people become criminals?

accumulating wealth isnt everyones priority i'd imagine

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Intelligence has no direct relationship to moral, emotional and social development or personality type.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Why ask such a question? How much experience have you got with criminality to suggest that intelligent people avoid criminality for the most part, with only the odd few breaking the lines. You question implies most criminals are not intelligent. I really don't know where to start:eek:

This thread is going no where psychological, hence I'm locking it. If anybody have any real psychological imput pm me and I re-open it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement