Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was that not a perfect morning for a spin

Options
  • 23-01-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I dont know about the rest of you but 'The West is basking in glorious sunshine.And today was my first spin in 2 months due to illness.
    Although a bit chilly starting off the scenery out around the lakes was amazing. Still water giving mirror images of the Hills.
    Its good to be able to get out on the bike

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I love the feeling of being back on the bike for the first time in ages! Glad you're over your illness and able to enjoy cycling again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Bleedin' freezin' on the east coast.

I really need to start wearing more than two layers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

buffalo wrote: »
    Bleedin' freezin' on the east coast.

I really need to start wearing more than two layers. :rolleyes:

Freezin as right and I forgot to put on the overshoes, thought the sun might make an appearance, roads were dicey in places also.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

lucky west-coasters! we had thick freezing (and I mean, holy jaysus it's effin freezin) fog in the midlands!
    Was on my first spin out with the lads from Mullingar - great lads, lovely spin despite having to stick to the main roads 'cos of the weather.

hope we get some of that west-coast sunshine here some day icon7.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Feck off, some of us had to work.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Managed to get out from Dundrum to Avoca and back, 120km. Thought it was fairly mild, with no frost in sight which was good. Got jelly legs at 80km, coming back to Roundwood and had to stop in for a chocolate bar and a roll which did the trick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Wonderful day for a spin. Did Rathfarnham, Sallygap, Lough Dan, long hill yesterday, but didn't start out until about 11am. Weather was better than it's been for the last couple of weeks, quite mild with very little wind. I wish I could say the same for my fitness, a paltry 60k at a pretty slow pace and I was shattered coming home.

Heat wise, I got a pair of overshoes for the feet and skull cap for under the helmet that make a tremendous difference. For me, keeping the extremetie warm provides more comfort than extra layers on the body and legs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

First spin yesterday since around November, managed 54km.
    Its not all been bad I kept up the running in the mean time during the bad snow and ice :)

Advertisement