Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology Conversion Courses

Options
  • 23-01-2011 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hey all

I am interested in studying Psychology as an Undergraduate, though it would be as a mature student. I have a 2:2 B.A from N.U.I.G in English and History. I am aware that many courses, masters etc., want a 2:1, like trinity where it's the minimum requirment. But is that the case too for all teh Postgrad Psychology conversion courses? I know it's always stated as 'Highlg advantageous' etc., but I also know with a will there can always be a way.

So, I am still optimistic that i may able to do the conversion course, somewhere, anywhere. Does anyone here have any info for me? It would be greatly appreciated. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I'm interested in doing the HDip myself, but on a part time basis. Have you looked into the UCD and DBS courses? I have a 2:1 but I don't think it's a min requirement for those?

EDIT:Just saw the sticky, moving my own queries there now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Humria

Psychology conversion courses can be difficult to get into in Ireland. Would you considering doing it in the UK? The qualification would still be recognised in Ireland and there are places that will let you in with a 2:2.

The British Psychological Society has a list of accredited conversion courses if you are interested:

http://www.bps.org.uk/careers/accredited-courses/accredited-courses_home.cfm?frmAction=results&CourseType=CONV&Search_Type=NC

Some are better than others though so it's worth checking out the reputation of the university and their psychology department before committing to anything.

Advertisement