Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst that could happen ?

Options
  • 22-01-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

All spring plans gone out the window and any progress i might of made will be lost, had an accident in work and my foot was squashed under an electric pallet jack truck, only bit of good news i got was no bones where broke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Sweet Jebus! Sounds bloody awful.
    Hope you are back out soon. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hope you have a speedy recovery levitronix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Count yourself lucky as it could so easily have been serious broken bones. Thankfully not. The roads and hills are going to be there when you recover.Good luck with it

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry to hear about that levitronix. Hopefully you will be up and about in no time. If you can get on a turbo within a few weeks, you may not lose too much from the work you have already put in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Sorry to hear about that levitronix but when bruising and swelling settles you can hit the turbo. It will only make you more determined ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Sorry to hear that and good luck with the recovery. In the meanwhile, you could maybe do something else e.g. swimming, to maintain fitness? Or, especially if it's your stronger leg that's injured, you could do some one-legged sessions on the turbo? Supposed to be very good for improving pedalling technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

when i get the full movemnet back in my foot will try some swimming, right its 3 min dips in a bucket of ice and water, then 3 min dip in hot water to speed up the recovery, its torture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

No bones broke...happy days...

you will be fine in a week just relax. Feet up and enjoy the rest.

Broke my foot a few years ago and i was motoring after it..even did the turbo with the cast on the foot....madness

Advertisement