Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunt in Mallow area

Options
  • 22-01-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi - can anyone tell me if there's a hunt on in the Mallow / North Cork area tomorrow (Jan 23rd) and give details please. Also is there somewhere which gives locations & dates for upcoming hunts. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Duhallow Foxhounds would be your local hunt. Spent some good times with them, not for the fainthearted!

http://equestrian-business-finder.horseandhound.co.uk/directory/company/duhallow_hunt_ireland_/351259

They used to hunt on Saturdays when I rode with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cgifts

thanks for your help byhookorbycrook

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

It would be best to contact the hunt secretary of each hunt in your area and arrange a day which would be suitable for you to go out with them. A lot of hunts like if visitors make arrangements with them beforehand, especially as some meets may be restricted to members only. The secretary would also be able to advise you as to the type of country you'd meet on a given day.

Contact details for each hunt can be found on the HAI or Irish Field websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

Duhallow Foxhounds would be your local hunt. Spent some good times with them, not for the fainthearted!

http://equestrian-business-finder.horseandhound.co.uk/directory/company/duhallow_hunt_ireland_/351259

They used to hunt on Saturdays when I rode with them.

would i know you, by any chance??
    used to hunt alot with the duhallows, gave it up for racing, only got out once in the last two years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Irish Field Stud Directory lists all hunts, contact details and the days they hunt. If you contacted them they might sell one. They are free in the newspaper every December.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

s-cogan wrote: »
    would i know you, by any chance??
    used to hunt alot with the duhallows, gave it up for racing, only got out once in the last two years
    Probably not, you sound like a youngster ;)
    Last hunted with them in the early 90s, you prob weren't even born :D

The best days were the days in Greenhall,lots of jumping and plenty places to gallop. We used to do the steeplechase course on Stephen's day, so it was important to get up the front away from the turkey-trotters.

i'll have you know i'm 18 and a half!!!!!!!
    greenhall is no longer a meet, it's part of kilbrin now. some place for jumping alright,.
    bit annoyed the steeplchase is gone too, would have loved a crack at it.

i prob heard of you anyway, the father is hunting with duhallows all his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Niamh 16

s-cogan wrote: »
    i'll have you know i'm 18 and a half!!!!!!!
    greenhall is no longer a meet, it's part of kilbrin now. some place for jumping alright,.
    bit annoyed the steeplchase is gone too, would have loved a crack at it.

i prob heard of you anyway, the father is hunting with duhallows all his life.

Haha this is gas!! i've figured out who you are! :P Can you guess who i am!! :P

its not that hard to figure out who i am.
    username is my real name, like.
    i have an idea who you are
    PM sent

Advertisement