Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specialized Allez Headset

Options
  • 22-01-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Lo All,
    I need to get a new headset for my 2010 Specialized Allez 16. Does anyone know whether it is an Integrated or Semi-Integrated headset? I know its 1 1/8th" internal dia and 41mm outer diameter.
    Also if some one can recommend a good headset please do.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

Jasus - don't talk to me about Allez headset. The last time I just took it to Cycleways and they did a good job at a reasonable price. The time before that it took it to anyther shop and they made a balls of it and it lasted just a season. And the time before that .....

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭enoonan

Thanks Jdt101. That might get me going but I'm afraid they only cover the Allez up to 2009 and I'm not sure if there were major differences or not. Really useful app though.

High Nellie do you know if Cycleways fitted a standard headset from Specialized to your Allez or was it from someone like Cane Creek or FSA?

I'm almost certain now though that I need an Integrated headset but I'm lost on some of the terminology being a newbie. Is there a cycling terminology encyclopedia online anywhere???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

I'm reasonably good on the teck side but I gave up trying to figure out the Specializes headset.
    I was carefull to suss out that Cycleways knew what they were talking about but they are Specialized agents and seemed to be well up to speed.
    I don't think they put a Cane Creek on it. It was that originally but it was too high - it had a cone-shaped thingy under the stem. I wanted to lower it and they had one low enough.
    I don't know what are in the innards - I just handed it in and got it back fine.
    It's worth giving them a call on the phone. You would have to book in the bike etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭enoonan

Thanks High Nellie. I'm in Limerick but I might give cycleways a ring tomorrow to see if they can assist.

Thanks again

Eoin

• Advertisement
Advertisement