Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Vectra

Options
  • 22-01-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me any information about the 120bhp 1.9cTDI Opel/Vauxhall vectra?

I'm thinking strongly about spending €4/5k on one. I could get maybe an 03/04 model down in the south but I was thinking of going up north as they seem to be better value. I might be able to get an 05/06 model with a higher spec for the same price. I think the vrt is gonna be around 800, but can anyone confirm that?

Also I understand that a new model was released in 05, so would I be better off sticking with an old model or trying to hold out for a new one?

Are they a comfortable, reliable and cheap to run car?

Any help really appreciated??

Thanks,

Kilough
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

That vet figure seems v low

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Thats the figure your man from the garage I rang gave me, although he was prob looking for a sale! It was for an 06 vectra which had 85000 miles and had a 120bhp 1.9tdi engine, being sold for around €4100 euro which is good value even if the vrt was 1000. Total price would then be 5100euro all in, you wouldn't get the smell of an 06 for that down south!

Is that vrt def wrong though? Has anyone any experience with changing a car like that over? I tried the online vrt calculator but it seems very gimicky..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

Doesn't sound too far off, be careful about specific models as the spec and mean higher VRT

https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The VRT would be 1200 roughly. I done an estimate there roughly there for ya based on the details. If you had a link with more specific details it would help.

http://www.usedcarsni.com/63902747

Thats one I was looking at. There seems to be no option to pick the 1.9 engine size on the ROS site, so I was picking the 2.0tdi model and getting a vrt of 2200! Surely a bit too much. If you put in the CO2 emmision rate of 156 in the box instead, you get a lower rate of vrt of 24%..

Maybe Id be better off sticking with a 1.6/1.7 TDI if I was going to but up north for VRT reasons..

I like the look of the vectra and would like a nice 05/06 one but I cant pay more than €5k, so I wud have to scrap my plans if the vrt was going to be that much.

• Advertisement

Just select Vectra and then put the engine size after.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

OP Just noticed this,
    http://www.usedcarsni.com/65559533

Same make/Model, colour, engine trim and spec. Advetised with the same seller. However has 24,000 miles less on the clock.

May be a different car but I highly doubt it or might be a mistake I dont know, but something you should clear up with the seller first??

First ad was a private seller I think anyway. Either way I would check the car reg with motorcheck.ie to verify the mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

same seller I thin? Johnston Brothers or something?
    OP have a good look around aswell theres plenty of them around up there.
    Best of luck

Thanks for that, didnt know about that motorcheck.ie site.

Apparently the vectra is widely used as a fleet car in England so there is plenty of them around meaning reasonable prices..the ones down here dont give half the spec and its hard to find one with less than 100000miles

I'll give the revenue a call tommorow and sort out how much the vrt is, if its more than a grand I'll prob have to leave it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,012 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Kilough wrote: »
    if its more than a grand I'll prob have to leave it

There's no hope the VRT is less than a grand, sorry dude.

Easy calculation. As you say, the VRT is only 24%. As you say, an 03/04 is 4-5 grand here, so a 05/06 is at least 6 grand here, no?

6 grand times 24% equals €1,440

No, I said you could get an 04/05 for c.5 grand in the south but you could get an 05/06 model for €4000 maybe in the north. Im not sure how they calculate vrt to be totally honest. They give an open market price and get the 24% of that and that on, but if Im gettin the car for less shoudl the vrt not be less?

Anyway if it is 24% of 4000 its €960 vrt so I'd have a sweet enough car for 5grand..

I'll have to ring to make sure though and see if I can get a definite on the vrt..

Am looking at a lower spec 05 model with 108000 miles now in the south for 4500..so maybe Im just better off saving all the hassle and taking that, although id like something with lower miles

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try selecting either vauxhall or opel on the vrt calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1794338

heres one that you should get for close to 5k. not sure if its had a smash tho coz theres an sri front bumper on it. 150 bhp model tho:cool:

p

Advertisement