Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer glasses in Cork

Options
  • 22-01-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi im wondering could anybody tell me to get proper glasses for my beer in cork.

Im looking for the tall tapering glasses used for weissbeers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_beer_glass#Wheat_beer_glass

The one top right of the page.Any other tips of other glasses i could use to improve my drinking experience.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Abbot's Ale House, Devonshire St. would be your best bet.

I find that a large wine glass (nice cheap ones in M&S) does the trick for pretty much any beer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The off licenses that sell the beer sometimes have them if you ask nicely.

Or you can find a pub that sells wheat beer and ask to buy a glass from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

As above with offies selling wheat beers but you just have to wait for an offer to pop uo. I also remember Atlantic home care used to stock generic versions and as they are owned by the same crowd as Woodies DIY you could check with either of those. Or maybe a B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Thanks for the replies,

Does the glass type make that much of a difference to a beer that comes from a bottle originally

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It can do, for aromatic beers in particular. Whether it's draught or bottle doesn't make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

the abbots have some of the tall blue moon glasses for sale at the moment and a little birdie told me the bar upstairs has a few maisels weisse glasses that they could part with if your still looking...

Advertisement