Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's it worth?

Options
  • 22-01-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

I have a black MacBook that's just turned three years old and I'm thinking of upgrading to a MBP. I've been told I will get the best price by selling my current MB privately and I'm looking for a ballpark figure of what it's worth.

As said, it's three years old.
    10.6 Snow Leopard
    2.2GHz
    4GB RAM

It's in excellent condition. It's my personal laptop, I never use it for work, so it lives in my house and is rarely brought outside. I have the original box, literature and CDs.

The screen is 100%. The case is 99% - there is one tiny blemish which is barely noticeable, absolutely no cracks or chips.

I paid around €1,500 for it new - would it be worth €500/€600?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

thinking thats a bit high, the current macbook is €1000 and even though the spec isn't hugely different, the battery, screen, speakers and touchpad have improved massively. also comes with a bigger hard drive. even though yours has 4GB ram, i reckon €400/450 is more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Try this website to give you a Quote.

http://www.mac2sell.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

That website massively overestimates in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

That website massively overestimates in my experience.

Sadly its what alot of people seem to go on. I generally get a quote there and knock off 5-10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Maybe check out adverts.ie, see what other recent sellers have gotten

• Advertisement
Advertisement