Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For A Specific Song

Options
  • 22-01-2011 1:11pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

First of all, I know there's a "What's That Tune" thread but considering I've no idea of lyrics or artist name, or any real details for that matter, I'm pretty stumped and don't think they could help.

Backstory:

About 8-9 Years ago while working, I heard this song on the playlist - Female Vocalist, very soft voice (couldn't hear any specific lines or words, just the tune, namely a line in the song that gets repeated quite often), thin line between easy listening and typical easy going pop - For comparison sake, think something along the lines of Faith Hill "There You'll Be" or even Delta Goodrem "Born to Try".

Problem is someone on the floor asked me what the song was, so in I go to the warehouse area to ask and nobody would look at the CD being played (I would assume it'd be a 'Now' CD or any kind of Hits compilation as the CD would typically play the latest (at the time) typical chart music.

I never heard it again until two days ago while me and the other-half are enjoying a 2-Day stay at the Sheraton Hotel in Athlone and on it pops in the Resteraunt Area, once again in a way where I can't hear a single lyric.

I asked around and was told to ask at Reception for the playlist - When I do I was simply told "I've no idea, it's a Sheraton's Playlist wired in from the Internet".

I don't know why but it's bugging me endlessly, it's not that I want it for myself but because I was asked for it before and just simply could not find it - Moreso because I had never once heard it on the radio or seen it in charts or anything, it just cropped up twice in my life out of the blue in a way where I just can't figure out what the hell it is.

I did a basic search to see if it was possible to find the Sheraton's Playlist but all it comes up with is explanations of Sheraton's PC TableTop thing where Guests can sort out their own custom playlists based on many "Sony BMG artists".

It's put a bit of a nieussance back in my brain trying to find it and the reason is simply because if I had anything, even just a lyric or line from the song, I could probably find it myself no problem.

Any thoughts?

To break it down I'm looking for a song, 8+ years old, possibly from a Sony Music Artist, easy listening/soft voiced female vocalist (solo I presume) which sounds along the lines of Faith Hill or something to that effect. I couldn't hear a single word (just the tune of the song and the voice) but there is a line in the song that gets repeated quite a lot, I'd know it the second I hear it.

It's bugging the hell out of me and reminds me of the person who asked me to find it for them.

Comments

Advertisement