Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircraft photos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭moss.ie

shanman wrote: »
    I have recently posted some old airliner photos on my Flickr page along with some more recent ones. I invite you to visit and hopefully enjoy.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/

hi malcolm,

welcome aboard, what a fantastic collection.

maurice

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shanman

Thanks Maurice - like yours also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Malcolm Nason?

Brilliant, welcome to A&A, Talk about a photographer!! I love your stuff. :D

Kindest Regards,

Dave McGrath.

Thanks for your comments Dave. Yes that is me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tonymorc

Steyr wrote: »
    Malcolm Nason?

Brilliant, welcome to A&A, Talk about a photographer!! I love your stuff. :D

Kindest Regards,

Dave McGrath.

4. What you agree to when joining Boards.ie

Boards.ie is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only, except where otherwise authorised by us.
    You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to:
    • identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

tonymorc wrote: »

Boards.ie is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only, except where otherwise authorised by us.
    • identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user

Think people will guess who he is when they click on his Flickr profile :rolleyes:

And just to put the matter to rest i have no problem anyone knowing who I am.

xtradel wrote: »
    Think people will guess who he is when IF they click on his Flickr profile :rolleyes:

What a stupid and ignorant post. The rules are there for a reason not just for people to abide by them when they feel like it.

Also, presumption of what people might or might not do is an extremely risky business.

What a stupid and ignorant post. The rules are there for a reason not just for people to abide by them when they feel like it.
    Also, presumption of what people might or might not do is an extremely risky business.

calm down, im sure if the post contravenes the rules or is deemed inappropriate the mods will edit/delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭tippilot

Anyone with any interest in aviation would know who Malcolm is and having a well known and widely published aviation photographer of his caliber sharing his collection on boards.ie is something to be heralded.

Take it somewhere else.

Thanks for sharing Malcolm.

• Advertisement

tippilot wrote: »
    Anyone with any interest in aviation would know who Malcolm is and having a well known and widely published aviation photographer of his caliber sharing his collection on boards.ie is something to be heralded.

Take it somewhere else.

Thanks for sharing Malcolm.

I am fully aware who Malcolm is and he is an extremely welcome member.

What has that got to do with my previous posts.

Its bad enough when rules are broken but when a noob posts statements like "Take it somewhere else." it just cracks me up.

Are you a reincarnated Mod?

Its bad enough when rules are broken but when a noob posts statements like "Take it somewhere else." it just cracks me up.

im in no position to talk but thats a bit rich coming from someone with 5 posts or are you possibly reincarnated as well?

moss.ie wrote: »
    im in no position to talk but thats a bit rich coming from someone with 5 posts or are you possibly reincarnated as well?

What correlation is there between number of posts and the date I joined. That makes no sense.

You are right though. Its not your position to talk nor any other member for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭tippilot

Its not your position to talk nor any other member for that matter.

Well then, do us all a favour...

What correlation is there between number of posts and the date I joined.

cmon now 6 posts in 3 years? i suppose some people find its better to observe than participate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Tonymorc if you feel a rule has been broken its not your place to moderate the thread, use the report post button instead and we'll decide if any rules have been broken. In this case as the original poster is both well known and has agreed to have his identity revealed I see no issue.

The same applies to everyone else, please don't enter into discussions about rules etc, just hit report post and continue with the threads topic.

Welcome on Boards Sham,an, some great photos in your flickr stream!

finally some sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Fantastic shots,Shanman. :)

Whatever became of the Connie that was slised n' diced at EINN...did anything of her survive for display (cockpit section) etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

coming from the man quoting the rules LOL

PS OP: is that a recent shot of the 2 Anthonov's in SNN?

Amazing pics!

Nforce wrote: »
    Fantastic shots,Shanman. :)

Whatever became of the Connie that was slised n' diced at EINN...did anything of her survive for display (cockpit section) etc?

A few small parts may have survived but nothing worth displaying. I know a few local apartments that could once could boast the seats as part of their furniture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Thanks for the update...what a travesty! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Must get down to Shannon again for some spotting, myself and Vulcan always like to see your shots in the Viewing deck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Loved the 747 shots! Great work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭CabanasBoy

Jeez, all this sniping and back biting! it's just like being out on the main page of boards! I thought yiz were all civilized in here. Anyways, I didn't know who Malcolm was but excellent pictures. Thanks Malcolm for sharing.:)

Advertisement