Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South east asia...sugestions

Options
  • 22-01-2011 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

myself and a group f friends are heading to thailand for a few weeks in the summer...im thinking of going travelling for four weeks on my own, 2 before thay come out and two after!!! Just looking for sugestions of places that have to be seen in south east asia,experiences and maybe a rough idea of price if possible thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Angkor Wat temples in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Train from Bangkok to Cambodian border costs €3 or less, takes about 7-8hrs.

Cross the border and bus to Siem Reap.

Cambodia is a very cheap place to experience and retains much of the interesting and manic street bustle more commonly experienced in India.

Also, have a look at doing Vietnam, wonderful place, rail travel is easily done.

See http://www.seat61.com/ for rail travel in Asia

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/home.html Lots of destinations in Asia at great prices, really decent airline too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

If you want some absolute chill time in beautiful environment, be sure to visit Koh Yau Noi island, located midway between Krabi and Phuket. A natural unspoilt beauty spot, as yet free of the lunatic hoards one sees elsewhere in region.

Ideal for chilling, yoga, rock climbing/snorkelling outings etc.

For a real treat stay at Niramaya, absolute heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Land in Bangkok - Get taxi to Pattaya - two hours later - best time of your life :)

Advertisement