Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scott road racing bike

Options
  • 22-01-2011 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hello

I was looking for a shop in ireland that does the back to work scheme , and also sells scott road racing bikes.

I was looking to spend max 2000 euro

Thanking you

LAz

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Shops don't do "bike to work" schemes - employers do

Try Slane Cycles in Belfast for a full range of Scott bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

altitude waterford are now Scott dealers and there is adealer in cork city see the scott website for their name

great bike, have one nearly 1 year now. friend bought a scott mtb also .

have the Scott Team CR1

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

michael196 wrote: »
    altitude waterford are now Scott dealers and there is adealer in cork city see the scott website for their name

great bike, have one nearly 1 year now. friend bought a scott mtb also .

have the Scott Team CR1

So you would recommend scott bike the cr1?

The cost is about 2grand.

thanks

CH

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

Beasty wrote: »
    Shops don't do "bike to work" schemes - employers do

Try Slane Cycles in Belfast for a full range of Scott bikes

could you get the back to work scheme with slane cycles?

thanks
    CH

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

Lazairus wrote: »

thanks
    CH

yes - we have them set up as a supplier at work

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

thanks
    CH
    You can buy from anywhere your employer allows

Further details of the scheme are in the wiki, which can also be accessed via the FAQs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

I have a Addict R4 and really love it, great all rounder, comfortable and not too stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

I have one of these http://www.slanecycles.com/scott-addict-r2-2008-compact-p-2812.html.Its a lovely bike .I also got the cycle to work scheme through Slane cycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

CR-1 Comp is €1850.00 in Altitude, Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

So you would recommend scott bike the cr1?

The cost is about 2grand.

thanks

CH

I hired the Scott Speedster on holiday and thought it was the best fitting bike I ever had.

back to ireland and I went to local bike shop, he got me to try giant, felt, ridley cervelo and a few others, there were flashing lights as he rolled out an expensive Giant TR something I think !! None compared, twas the scott or nothing , we even considered importing ( didnt know about slane).

scott arrived and I only needed to change the saddle height nothing else. perfect fit and comfort. guy in the shop the same day buying a ridley and the stem was being changed for height and length , then the position of the levers was being changed , and i dnt know what else.

the Scott has changed how I ride the bike, its fast, stiff enough ( even though it is not a race stiff frame , scott says 90% performance 10 % comfort, whereas the addict is the racing frame 100% performance racing stiff).

Scott has been everywhere with me since, extremly strong, light, confortable, and hoping to race on the scott in 2011 .,

all going well in racing in 2011 an upgrade to addict is possible while keeping the Team Cr1 as a winter second bike.

100% recommend them, I read before U bought it that the Scott team CR1 was the bike that made medicore cyclists ( like me) competitive , and I have to say, thats very true.

I have dropped over 2 stone on the scott in the past year, thats how much I enjoy the Scott bike.

as i said friend got a scott MTB, its just like my road bike on MTB tyres. great machine. love it to bits, any time he gives me five minutes on it.

my recommendation : go buy one, if its a confortable fit for u.

Niggles:
    water gets down the saddle post on wet days : quite a surprise when the mechanic showed me the halk cup of water that was sloshig around inside the seat post.

Fixed using insulating tape around a small expansion hole where the seat post meets the saddle stem : ( if u know what i mean ! )

other than that, no issues after thousands of miles

• Advertisement
Advertisement