Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I transfer rent allowance?

Options
  • 22-01-2011 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi im new to this so please rorgive me if im re asking anything i am living in cork at the mo and am living in the house that jack built literally so im wondering if anyony knows wether i can transfer my rent allowance onto another house or do i need to go trough all that mess of re applying it took me 8 months to get approved in first place and cant really handle the grief again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

please wrote: »
    hi im new to this so please rorgive me if im re asking anything i am living in cork at the mo and am living in the house that jack built literally so im wondering if anyony knows wether i can transfer my rent allowance onto another house or do i need to go trough all that mess of re applying it took me 8 months to get approved in first place and cant really handle the grief again

Sorry to tell you that yes, all the mess yet again. It cannot simply be transferred.

When we were in another county even when we moved in the same area, the change of address meant reapplying; only good thing was that we were already on the housing list there so it was relatively fast.

We moved 300 miles in August and a whole different ball game. We are still waiting for the housing dept to sort their act out. Sheesh; EIGHT MONTHS? well we are well on the way then....The paperwork here was ********** too; even had to get the Gardai to sign a paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 please

hi graces thanks for your reply it is as i feared i have to do the whole bloody thing again oh the tought of it but ah well it has to be done i spose i cant stay here the black mould is rampant in the house its so bad that its coming trought the new lino we replaced {landlord is crap} but i need to move for kiddies sake so i spose onwards n upwards n get my backside in gear n get ball rollin all over again
    but in relation to you it shouldn take that long for council to sort you on the housing list its pretty much straight forward bring in your forms n make appointment for housing officer n if it helps dont take no for answer they tried to hold us to ransom before but i wouldn have it we went mad at them in office they were so embarresed that they signed the forms just to get us out of the office if you have to threaten them with papers even if you never would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If you are remaining in the same council area you don't need to reapply again to the council.
    You need to go to your CWO and tell them you wish to vacate your current housing. Then, find a new place and fill out a new rent supplement form along with all the documentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 please

hi thank you so much i will be changing councils wanna move from cork to portlaoise found a house online for a lot cheaper rent in way better house at the mo were payin 600 mnth for a 4 bed n gettin 4 bed in portlaoise for 480 mnth so makes sence but even if rent was same amount id still be movin cant stay here anymore its a nightmare also i know its completly off topic but does anyone know how much notice i have to give to LL we signed a 1 yr lease 2 yrs ago n wasn asked to sign another one so i didn offer thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Thought I'd post here rather than starting a new thread about a rent allowance question I have.

I've been getting rent allowance for the place I'm living in for the past year. When I applied, I filled in the form to say I was paying the limit for rent allowance when I was paying slightly more. I think that limit has now dropped slightly and they need me to fill in an SWA 3A form to confirm I'm still living there and eligible I guess. Now, can I just put the same amount on the form or will the fact that it's higher than the limit cause a problem?

• Advertisement

please wrote: »
    hi thank you so much i will be changing councils wanna move from cork to portlaoise found a house online for a lot cheaper rent in way better house at the mo were payin 600 mnth for a 4 bed n gettin 4 bed in portlaoise for 480 mnth so makes sence but even if rent was same amount id still be movin cant stay here anymore its a nightmare also i know its completly off topic but does anyone know how much notice i have to give to LL we signed a 1 yr lease 2 yrs ago n wasn asked to sign another one so i didn offer thanks in advance

Well done for making the move.. We moved to .. Cork ... whiich is why the holdup of course,

You need to check re the notice situation; give Threshold a call. They are the experts;tell them re the mould etc also as that will help your case greatly. The house is clearly not fit to be lived in. They can even help you with the letters etc

http://www.threshold.ie/

Get the notice in then asap and start packing!!!

pm me if you need. with 6 moves in as many years we have gathered much wisdom.. happy to help.

Thought I'd post here rather than starting a new thread about a rent allowance question I have.

I've been getting rent allowance for the place I'm living in for the past year. When I applied, I filled in the form to say I was paying the limit for rent allowance when I was paying slightly more. I think that limit has now dropped slightly and they need me to fill in an SWA 3A form to confirm I'm still living there and eligible I guess. Now, can I just put the same amount on the form or will the fact that it's higher than the limit cause a problem?

In my experience, yes it will cause a problem. Your best way forward is to tell your landlord the situation and ask him to reduce the rent a little so you can meet the criteria. Our last council sent a letter with the last increase saying that that official notfication could be used to ask the landlord to reduce rent.

In my experience, yes it will cause a problem. Your best way forward is to tell your landlord the situation and ask him to reduce the rent a little so you can meet the criteria. Our last council sent a letter with the last increase saying that that official notfication could be used to ask the landlord to reduce rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Nice one, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 theyikes

Slightly off topic, but can someone tell me how often do i need to renew my rent subsidy application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

theyikes wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but can someone tell me how often do i need to renew my rent subsidy application.

Every 12 months its reviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 9 theyikes

Thanks Gatling. i heard somewhere that it was every 3 months! Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Thanks Gatling. i heard somewhere that it was every 3 months! Thanks for the info!

You should get your renewals every 10- 11 months just fill them in and get them back to the welfare saves any delays in supplement being paid

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Kindly start a new thread- rather than posting in one that was last posted in over 2 years ago. Resurrecting threads like this is called resurrecting zombies- and causes database problems for the website.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement