Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless proxy settings with HTC Desire

Options
  • 22-01-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to set the proxy settings to connect to a wireless network but there's seems to be no option to do this on the desire.

Having a look at the results on google seems to suggest that it's not possible to do this on android without getting a custom rom

Which sounds unbelievable! My old nokia did this no problem, it seems bizarre that it's so awkward on the Desire.

Any simple workarounds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I just enter the wep key and off I go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I'm trying to set the proxy settings to connect to a wireless network but there's seems to be no option to do this on the desire.

Having a look at the results on google seems to suggest that it's not possible to do this on android without getting a custom rom

Which sounds unbelievable! My old nokia did this no problem, it seems bizarre that it's so awkward on the Desire.

Any simple workarounds?

Proxy settings or wireless key?

You don't need a proxy setting to connect to wifi.

If it's just wifi you should get prompted for a key when you click your network.

He's talking about proxy settings, I assume for work or college. I'm pretty sure there is no workaround besides a custom rom I'm afraid..

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

I bought this phone s/h its unlocked (originally meteor) to use on vodafone.

It works fine as a phone but I cannot get any internet access (wifi or 3g)

It currently has no apn settings as it was not originally a vodafone phone and i can't get it to work with the wifi network in college which is behind a proxy server (i did input the settings). Trawling boards, I have found various different APN settings (some give the user/pass as dublin/dublin or vodafone/vodafone and some have no logins) and nothing has worked for me! Customer care said they couldn't send it over the air but i'm not too confident they know what they are on about - I told her what type of phone i had and she said "you might want to try the galaxy website so" :rolleyes:...

As for the wifi, there is a place to input the settings but it doesn't do anything and this seems to be a common problem.

So what I need is this:

• Confirmed APN settings (preferably from somebody running stock fw on an original vodafone phone)
    • Does anybody know how to get around the proxy issue? Does the app transproxy work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Here's my settings.
    snap20110418_203943.png
    snap20110418_203955.png

Dunno bout the proxy thing though

• Advertisement

Its still not working though... i put the apn type to internet cos i don't have default,supl

I assume that makes it the default apn for the browser. maybe thats why i cant get online

jumbone wrote: »
    Its still not working though... i put the apn type to internet cos i don't have default,supl

I assume that makes it the default apn for the browser. maybe thats why i cant get online

can a settings bundle be downloaded anywhere?

Advertisement