Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mouse killing machine!

Options
  • 22-01-2011 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

My JRT just killed his second mouse while out doing his potty! I mean savaged it!

He had the prowl thing going and all!? he's only 15weeks.:D

Instinct!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My female JRT totally destroyed one the other night too, she's 3 and I heard the little fecker scratching away under the tv unit so let her in and she had him within five minutes... came out with it in her mouth all delighted with herself... disposing of it nearly made me sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Did they not consume the mouse?

Mine are regular killers.tasty snack for hard work,they wolf em down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

KIlling rats and mice - isn't that the nature of smaller terriers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I've got 3 jacks, 2 of them flush out any unwanted visitors and then the 3rd one ( the baby of the pack) goes in for the kill, she's really really good at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

got the fright of my life one day when a mouse ran into the utility behind me. he went into the corner under a sweeping brush so I got the best nose in the house to watch him (my GSD ) while I got the stool to stand on:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Lifted the brush and she grabbed him very gently. I got the door open and she ran outside with him at which point I'd say his little feet tickled her tongue and she dropped him. she did pick him up again but "we" decided to release him back in the field:D
    she carries balloons around very gently so knows the word gentle;) I dont mind mice outside, rats are a different story though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ppink wrote: »
    got the fright of my life one day when a mouse ran into the utility behind me. he went into the corner under a sweeping brush so I got the best nose in the house to watch him (my GSD ) while I got the stool to stand on:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Lifted the brush and she grabbed him very gently. I got the door open and she ran outside with him at which point I'd say his little feet tickled her tongue and she dropped him. she did pick him up again but "we" decided to release him back in the field:D
    she carries balloons around very gently so knows the word gentle;) I dont mind mice outside, rats are a different story though!

I remember my old GS, in the autumn of his years, Lying one night with his chin on the ground, nose between his paws when a mouse climbed across both his paws. He just tracked it with his eyes and a look of mild boredom. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

Mine is a cat. Spends 18 hours asleep in front of Rad. Whiff of mice and she is gone. I would say Instinct

Advertisement