Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Dun Laoghaire to Dublin 2

Options
  • 21-01-2011 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

Could anyone tell me whether driving from Dun Laoghaire to Pembroke street in Dublin 2 is very bad with traffic? :confused:

How long would the journey take at the worst traffic hour?

Many thanks in advance, any advice welcome!

bedouzz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Should be less than 45mins, you're not crossing the Liffey that tends to be the worst part in traffic in the city. Have you a route in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bedouz

Hi Dotsey,

I have no particular route in mind as I really haven't a clue how traffic goes from Dun Laoghaire to Pembroke Street.

Are you experienced driving from Dun Laoghaire? Do you think 45 minutes would be the worst it could get?

Any advice at all, let me know!

Thank you so much for your reply,

bedouz

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op it will depend what time you are planning on starting your journey.

If you're going to be heading in during rush hour traffic, then it could be an hour. The traffic from Blackrock to Merrion gates can be extremely slow. It has taken me half an hour to get from Maxwell motors to Blackrock Clinic many a time.

I drive to Blackrock every morning, I go along the coast road until I get to what used to be Europa motors, I always turn right into Blackrock village but take a right turn at Idrone Terrace, coming out at Cafe Java, turn right and continue up to the traffic lights, turning right in the left lane. There will be times when the traffic on the main road is lighter, but 8/10 times this is a faster route.

Advertisement