Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year...new you?

Options
  • 21-01-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

With the Monte Carlo Rally getting the motor racing season under way I'm just wondering is anyone planning on expanding their horizons and thinking of watching a new series during the upcoming year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

between motogp,wsbk,bsb,f1 nascar,le mans series, it doesn't leave alot of time for anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Grim. wrote: »
    between motogp,wsbk,bsb,f1 nascar,le mans series, it doesn't leave alot of time for anything else

No Aussie V8's? Gotta get that sorted! I'm in a similar situation as yourself Grim but I'm hoping that this thread could get some F1 fans to watch MotoGP and Superbikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

forgot about the v8s/utes and irc/wrc so add them to the list aswell have to get a sky plus box sorted stat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

I watch Formula 1 avidly and the Moto GP often enough. I follow too many other sports to allow any more motorsport.

My new year resolution here is to start contributing far more. I was involved in the prediction league throughout the year but posted rarely despite constantly lurking.

Once February comes round and F1 and testing and news stories start coming out hopefully a few more lurkers like myself will come out of the woodwork.

Its a fine forum here but there aren't enough contributors. Hopefully we can improve that and Williams AND Nico Rosberg can finally get a win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I started watching F1 when it came back to the BBC and I absolutely love it. I've been meaning to get into a few other series, one that sticks out is the Aussie V8s (some one posted a clip in the videos only section and it was some the best racing Ive ever seen). My main problem with picking up new series is trying to find out where its televised, for instance I find rally and GP2 really hard to keep up with.

Where do I watch them regularly when they start back up? And any other recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I have enough to entertain me with F1/WRC/Nascar/Dakar/Le mans/Motogp/A1 and some Speedway :) although i could be easily swayed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I watch F1 and GP2. I also like moto 125 for the excitement of the racing

I would like to expand my horizons in rallying. Can someone explain the differences between the WRC and the IRC? If I can I'm going to try and go to an Irish Rally. I actually did when I was about 12 which was a good many years ago now.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I think I'm still sticking with my portfolio of F1/IndyCar/NASCAR/V8's this year.

Might try tune in for some more Superleague Formula though.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

I really want to get back into GP2 again. Neglected it last year and there is some properly good action in it!!

Advertisement