Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for campsite suggestions in Wales & England

Options
  • 21-01-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We (me, the missus & 3 kids) are thinking of going to the UK this summer for 2 weeks with the caravan on tow. Ideally, the kids want to go to Legoland in Windsor & we would like to spend about a week near a beach. Just looking at 2 stops. Anyone got any recommendations for a nice campsite near the beach in South Wales or maybe North Devon or North Somerset. Also looking for some recommendations of campsites near Legoland or even around London as we will probably spend a few days there.

Any help appreciated,

Tim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

TigerTim wrote: »
    Hi All,

We (me, the missus & 3 kids) are thinking of going to the UK this summer for 2 weeks with the caravan on tow. Ideally, the kids want to go to Legoland in Windsor & we would like to spend about a week near a beach. Just looking at 2 stops. Anyone got any recommendations for a nice campsite near the beach in South Wales or maybe North Devon or North Somerset. Also looking for some recommendations of campsites near Legoland or even around London as we will probably spend a few days there.

Any help appreciated,

Tim

I would suggest you join the Caravan Club you will get discounts at caravan parks and a book of caravan parks.
    Telephone
    Membership - To Join
    If you'd like to become a member of The Caravan Club you can join online or by calling 0800 328 6635 - (Please do NOT use the 01342 code as you will not reach The Club).
    For direct phone numbers for specific services, please visit the relevant area of the website.
    General Enquiries (switchboard will direct you to the relevant department)
    You can call our Contact Centre on 01342 326 944 between 0900 - 1730.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

About 10km from Legoland is Amerden Caravan & Camping Site. It's a nice site but a bit off the beaten track.

I'm not all that familiar with north Devon but certainly worth considering in South Devon is http://www.woodlands-caravanpark.com/ Excellent campiste with free access to the theme park.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Gypsyrose

Not sure if it's NORTH Somerset but I'd recommend Brean Leisure Park to anyone (otherwise known as Unity Farm)....we've been going there for years and always enjoy it. Walk over the dunes to a long and sandy beach! Loads to do on the site, pool etc, great shop.
    www.hru.co.uk/

The suggestion to join the Caravan Club is a good one.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I'm not all that familiar with north Devon but certainly worth considering in South Devon is http://www.woodlands-caravanpark.com/ Excellent campiste with free access to the theme park.

I'll second that... good spot stayed 3 nights there.., Dartmouth is only over the road too..

I joined caravan club http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/ for my 2 week UK tour & found it fantastic c/w discounts for various places & prices off ferries.. they even booked the ferry. Their system of booking campsites is excellent, either by web or telephone..

There's a club campsite near Legoland.. can't rem name..

There's a campsite in Totnes south Devon... well worth the look, not a lot in the campsite, but the town is very pretty..

If you join the caravan club then you can stay at their "CC's" which are very cheap, small campsites - we stayed in a few & found them clean, tidy & as good if not better than some "premium" campsites here... at half the price..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 riverhead

Teepee valley looks pretty cool!

www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk/index.php?one...tipivill - Cached - Similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Thanks to all who replied & for all the links. Must join the caravan club.

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Gypsyrose

A really lovely position just over the road from the beach is the following:-

http://www.wisemansbridgeinn.co.uk/touringcaravanstents.htm

Expensive but great place.

Advertisement